Saturday, March 8, 2008

What You Don't Know About Debit Cards Will Make You Poor

What You Don't Know About Debit Cards Will Make You Poor
I am totally disgusted with debit cards and this is a
lesson that ive learned the hard way, which are the risks
of using debit cards. To make sure I didn't overdraw my
bank account, I checked my online bank statement. Since it
had showed $100 in my checking account, I kind of felt that
I could make several small purchases a few days before I
got my paycheck. So with me using my debit card, I bought
some groceries and some gas which had totaled to about $85.

Even though the balance in my account was what thought to
be more than enough to cover the price of the stuff I
bought, I had decided to check my account about ten days
later, I had found out that Hellsfarlow had raped my
account for $120 in overdraft fees.

I couldn't figure out what was going on, I knew I had the
money in the bank. I had checked my account online. But
what I didn't know is that these banks can and most likely
will put a pre-authorization hold on your account when you
make a purchase. In situations where the exact amount of
the transaction isn't taken from your account at the time
of purchase, but it does make sense that a merchant would
want to reserve a little more to cover their transaction.
Think about if you give your debit card to a waiter for a
tip or a gas station, where the merchant is likely to get
an approval of a higher amount after you used the card.
Even car rental companies that accept debit cards routinely
place holds in the amount of $300 to $500.

And where I got caught up at is when the pre-authorization
hold the gas station put on my account resulted in
overdrafts on at least 5 other small transactions even a $2
cup of coffee and Im talking about a overdraft charge of 35
dollars on each transaction. I think that Ive paid over
$4,000 in overdraft fees because of this corrupt bank and
evil debit card.

By not knowing whats going on with your account you can end
up going deep into debt from using a debit card, and if
banks don't give you a warning when you're going over, how
would you know? And think about how many banks offer free
checking when they intend to rape you for hundreds of
dollars a month, so as of now I won't touch a debit card
anymore. Im using cash and money orders only.

These pre-authorization holds placed by the merchants are
just one of the factors that make it very difficult, if not
impossible for a depositor to know their available account
balance. It's becoming more difficult to tell when a
transaction hits an account and what is your current
account balance. So beware of the evil debit card as I
know what damages can be caused from experience.


----------------------------------------------------
Mr. Keishon Martin which owns and operates KeyWorldWide
Inc. is responsible for such websites as
http://www.NewMoneyCredit.com http://www.GetRichinMusic.com
and http://www.getmoneymoney.com click for more info

No comments: