Friday, May 2, 2008

Finding Affordable Healthcare

Finding Affordable Healthcare
Americans are finding the cost of health insurance
increasing, so that the need for affordable health care is
on the rise. Increasingly, workers are finding themselves
on the receiving end from their employers who are reducing
the services provided or passing on the increases. It's
because I'm one of the many affected by this that I know
because prior to this year my company's health care package
was really good. Suddenly, my employer announced it was
getting too expensive and was switching health care
providers.

The company was seeking a more cost effective plan that
would benefit all of its employees. I suppose some people
are better off and perhaps I shouldn't sound ungrateful. To
some extent I do agree, but their search for another
provider now costs me double the money from my paychecks to
have my husband and daughter on my policy. Taking a good
deal less home in my paycheck to have my family remain on
the healthcare policy seems to be the only option I have
because almost everyone else is happy with the new
arrangement.

To be honest, I got on well with the old provider but can't
see that happening here even if the health care plan is
half decent. Increased out of pocket expenses and higher
co-pays and less money in our paychecks are the result of
my company's change to an affordable health care provider.
You see, four years ago, I gave birth to a little girl and
of course my old insurance paid for the whole of my
hospital stay. Today, if I had a baby, it would cost me
around four thousand dollars for my expenses.

This figure does not take into account additional amounts I
must pay out of my salary. We are now seeing an increasing
number of companies creating affordable health care plans.
Those less fortunate can now get free health care more
readily and workers without health care are able to join
special schemes. Although these programs are a good idea
for those less fortunate there are always people who want
to abuse the system.

Those programs should be for struggling families who are
taking steps to better their futures, not for people who
have no motivation and live off of the state systems and
affordable health care programs. Although I say they can be
a burden to the state, I really mean a burden to its
citizens because it is the tax payer who foots the bill.
The health plan program my employer found definitely had
improved financial benefits for him. Having a reduced
income seems to be the result of these work changes with
only the company truly benefiting. In the long term we
really need to do something in America to help those in
need find affordable health care.


----------------------------------------------------
Dean Calvert is a 13 year veteran of insurance and writes
articles on the subject.
http://www.insurefreequote.com

No comments: